Wednesday 4 December 2013

Tonight at The Musician, Leicester (4/12): The Derrin Nauendorf Band + The Sarah Bird Band



The Derrin Nauendorf Band
Wednesday 4th December
£7adv £8door
plus The Sarah Bird Band
www.sarahbird.org.uk
Over the past decade Derrin has solidified his reputation as a singer, acoustic guitar player and songwriter of very high order. He is one of the busiest artists on the acoustic scene at the moment in many parts of the world, but to think of Derrin as just another troubadour or journeyman would not paint an accurate picture. Derrin has forged a sound comprising of incredible guitar skills, soulful vocals and powerful songs and lyrics which has won him much praise and many fans.

2013 sees Derrin release his first studio album in four years called "Distant Empires" and embark on the most extensive tour of his career so far. This is what Derrin says himself of the new album, "I really tried to test myself as an artist. I had a clear idea of what I was trying to say and achieve up to a couple of years before the recording. It has not been easy, but it has been really enjoyable to write. I hope people like it, but also that is up to them. I know I have done the absolute best I could".


Remember; always check with the venue before travelling, or grab a ticket direct from the site: www.themusicianpub.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.