Friday 2 December 2011

Review: The Venetian


The Venetian - I Wanna Tell you A Story (Independent)
This is The Venetian’s latest CD “I Wanna Tell You A Story” officially released in 2011. He brings to the table a plethora of musical experience that can’t be called into question. His background: originally hailing from Italy now living in the LA area he is clearly no stranger to the Music Business. He obviously knows what he’s doing behind the glass in a studio environment, and probably on a stage. The music can best be described as rock opera.

I always listen to the first piece very, very carefully. It’s what the artists has personally chosen to be the first piece of music to hit your ears. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the opening tracks "Act 1”, “Goodbye” to “Act 2 and “Black Cat” certainly are dynamic numbers which took my full attention right from the start. To be hones, I expected over the top death metal garbage that was extremely predictable and overbearing in nature. What I discovered was quite the opposite. The whole CD is wonderfully simple yet very complex, full of what I would call dark energy, with music that appeals to all the senses. It reminds me a little of a modern day Queen yet The Venetian is a real showman here very much like Alice Cooper or even Kiss. There are some fantastic and melancholy moments on “I Wanna Tell You a Story” which gives the CD a progressive feel. There were also some entertaining moments throughout but also a few pin drop moments too. From top to bottom “I Wanna Tell You a Story” has an extremely refined production with amazing sound quality, first-rate musicianship and top of the line songwriting.

The most amazing thing about this CD is the rock opera presentation. The Venetian has what I call a strong X-Factor component. What is X-Factor – it is the passion within and it’s nothing that can be taught from a textbook or from a musical instructor. The Venetian appeals to both advanced and novice listeners alike. This is harder to do than it sounds – and shouldn’t be strived for, rather it should come just naturally. The Venetian has clearly proven himself worthy of praise with this latest string of songs. There’s nothing more dangerous than a musical savant from Europe armed with a guitar, a gift and a one way ticket to the USA.
Adam Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.